Intercol is a manufacturer of various adhesives, including adhesives for sealing American folding boxes (End-of-Line) with hot melt glue and for the production of boxes on folder gluing machines and Inlining with cold glue.
What is an American folding box?
An American folding box made of corrugated cardboard that can be folded up and down. Due to the fold line or the fold, the box always folds open and closed in the same way. An American folding box is also known as the Fefco 0201 format.
What are the advantages of an American folding box?
The American folding box has several advantages:
- Available in almost many sizes
- Easily mass-produced; low costs.
- Several types of cardboard available
- Easy to print
- Provides good protection for products
- Suitable for all types of applications
- Which products are packaged?
- American folding boxes come in many sizes, and the choice of carton quality depends on the weight of the products being packaged.
What is Fefco 0201?
FEFCO, fully the Fédération Européenne des Fabricants de Carton Ondule, sets European standards for packaging. A Fefco number refers to a specific type of cardboard box.
Many shipping boxes are also glued. You can see what these boxes look like and how they are made in the following film.